HWD offer full end-to-end Automatic Vehicle Access Systems to our clients, including interactive multi-lingual touch points for drivers, security and goods-in coordinators, a full cloud-hosted management portal and resilient hardware solution situated on both sides of entrance and exit lanes.
Welcoming drivers to your distribution centre or business premises using automated systems optimises your compliance with on-site and health & safety regulations, gives a streamlined and consistent on-site experience for visitors and your staff, provides valuable data for audit purposes, and can integrate with your existing systems to direct visitors to the right place on site and provide you with instant information about who is on site at anytime. The system also features an administrator-only mode to lock down access in emergencies or to facilitate security spot-checks.
Visitors to your site will be greeted by large, bright touchscreens which guide them through a set of customisable questions which branch-off according to their answers.
ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras are utilised to accelerate and validate vehicle entry on to site and to provide an automatic trigger for barrier opening on exit. The solution is also integrated with induction loops and intercoms to further optimise the user experience. The system is monitored and managed through our secure cloud-hosted management portal, offering:
- Custom implementation to support your business process (e.g. collect name, bay routing etc).
- Custom branding of user interface
- Tools to manage the questions posed to drivers and the outcome of the flows e.g. “Vehicles carrying plasterboard need to be directed to Bay 7”
- Tools to allow translations to be entered and edited as required
- Downloadable PDF and Excel Reports on vehicle movements, with all data maintained as standard for a period of 3 years
- Configuration for definition of regular visitor (requiring induction) – e.g. If driver of same name enters more than X times in Y days refer for induction.
- Provides hardware monitoring of the entry system (allowing proactive monitoring and issue resolution)
- Supports up to 25 entry or exit lanes
- Full integration with yard management / WMS systems
- E-Seal support for container management
The management server is located on an off-site data centre hosted server accessible over the public internet. Industry standard security practices ensure the system is secure and may only be accessed by authorised users.
Locating the management portal within the Cloud (versus on site) has the following advantages:
- Provides cross-site scalability
- Provides high availability
- Reduces software maintenance effort
- Eliminates the requirement for on-site servers
The standard hardware solution features:
- Weather proof to IP65
- 2 x Commercial 17” 1280×1024 High Brightness (1500NIT) displays
- 2 x Touch screen
- 2 x 2D Barcodes scanners
- 2 x Cameras
- 2 x Windows 10 PCs, i5, 8 GB RAM, 400 GB SSD
- 1 x Receipt Printer
- Barrier integration (relay contacts)
- 45-90 days lead time (subject to confirmation on order)